Four Winds

From Carlton Wiki
Revision as of 18:00, 13 June 2015 by Hfrancis (talk | contribs)
(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Name House Name::Four Winds
Former Names House Name::
Hamlet Hamlet Name::Carlton Hill
Street House Name::Brinkley Road
Location House Location::52.15441, 0.40013
Built on or before year House Date::
Is the building Listed House Listed::No
When the house was rebuilt House Date::Not applicable
{{ #display_map: 52.15441, 0.40013 zoom=17 height=300 type=hybrid


House Introduction::

Photographs of Four Winds

{{#ask:Picture Name::~*Four Winds* | ?Caption | format=gallery}}


In the 1910 Land Tax records Fourwinds had not been built - the parcel of land belonged to Hill House (no 364) and was owned by James Avery and occupied by Fred Haylock. The house and premises was taxed at 0 Acres and 2 Roods. The land with it (which went behind the old Hillview cottage and occupied the location where Poppy Barn and Four Winds now stand) was rated as 1 Acre and 1 Rood.